Built in 1686 at the instigation of Monseigneur de Grammont, Archbishop of Besançon, the Saint-Jacques hospital became a general hospital by letter of patent from Louis XIV.
In addition to receiving civilian and military patients, a wing of the building became the house of charity, whose mission was to receive or confine the indigent.
Three main buildings with arcades built in two-tone limestone open onto the garden. The complex is enclosed by an iron gate signed by the locksmith Nicolas Chapuis in 1703.
To be seen: the pharmacy and its collection of 17th century earthenware (complete brochure)