Search
Close this search box.
  • Français
  • English
  • Deutsch

PORTRAITS D’ARCHITECTES : Nicolas Nicole (1702-1784)

©
  • ©
  • ©

    The son of a bisontinan craftsman, Nicolas Nicole began his training as a locksmith and was received as a master in 1737. Following a stay in Nancy where his second brother, Claude-François Nicole, an architectural draughtsman and engraver for the King and the Chamber of Accounts of Lorraine, was based, Nicolas Nicole trained as an architect. Within a few years he established himself as one of the best architects in the Comtois region, building the Chapel of Refuge in 1739, the Church of Sainte-Madeleine from 1746 to 1766 and, between 1770 and 1778, supervising the construction of the new Intendance according to the plans of Victor Louis. Prices: €8 - €6 for students, under 18s, members of the Tourist Office (on presentation of a card), disabled people. Free for children under 12 and job seekers.


    Practical information

    Activities

    Cultural activities
    Guided tours