It is the last structure built in Besançon. It is entirely underground. It was dug from 1890 to 1892. The “special concrete” was used for the first time in the square. It is surrounded by a deep ditch, which is now partly filled in because it is used as a dump. The casemates, buried 10 metres deep, can be reached by one of the two suspended spiral staircases.
It is the property of the commune of Pugey.
Reservation and ticketing on the website