Fontaine des Dames

At the corner of the prefecture, the Ladies’ fountain, built in 1785 after drawings by architect Claude Joseph Bertrand, owes its decor to the sculptor Luc Breton. In a stone niche, the treatment of which evokes limestone concretions, two entwined dolphins support a seashell serving as the backdrop for a little bronze mermaid. Work of the sculptor Lulier, the little mermaid adorned the interior courtyard of the Granvelle Palace in the 16th century.

Fontaine des Dames
Rue de la Préfecture
25000 BESANCON
03 81 80 92 55

Partager

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest