Hopital Saint-Jacques

Built in 1686 at the instigation of Monsignor de Grammont, archbishop of Besançon, the Saint-Jacques hospital became, by letter patent from Louis XIV, a general hospital.
In addition to the reception of sick civilians and soldiers, a wing of the building becomes the house of charity whose mission is limited to the reception or confinement of the indigent.
Three main buildings on arcades built in two-tone limestone open onto the garden. The whole is enclosed by a metal gate signed by locksmith Nicolas Chapuis in 1703.
To see: the pharmacy and its 17th century earthenware collection (complete brochure)

Hopital Saint-Jacques
rue de l'Orme de Chamars
25000 BESANCON
03 81 80 92 55

Partager

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest

Location

  • In the town centre