Hôtel de l’Intendance

Current prefecture of Doubs, the hotel of the intendants of province was built from 1770 to 1778 at the request of the intendant Charles de Lacoré.
The great Parisian architect Victor Louis gave the overall plans, the work management was entrusted to the Comtois Nicolas Nicole. Adapting the traditional plan of the mansions between main courtyard and garden, the stewardship presents a frontage on main courtyard punctuated by 6 Ionic columns surmounted by a pediment, while the rear facade offers a rotunda whose curves are move smoothly on the garden (see photo).

Hôtel de l'Intendance
Rue Charles Nodier
25000 BESANCON
03 81 80 92 55

Partager

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest

Location

  • In the town centre

Descriptive

Tours

  • Visite libre