The Besançon national stud was founded in 1754. It was transferred in 1852 to the one hectare wooded park at 52 rue de Dole, in the Grette-Butte district, near the city center of Besançon. These infrastructures make it possible to permanently accommodate horses of all breeds. The Besançon National Stud was particularly known for its provision of Comtois draft breeders.
The purpose of the Besançon National Stud is to support the development of the equine industry in Franche-Comté and to share its passion for the horse through its historical, cultural and living heritage.
This set belongs to the General Council of Doubs.