Du collège de Jesuites au collège Victor Hugo

Gustave Courbet, Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, Louis Pasteur, the nation’s elite attended this noble institution in the 19th century, which dates back to the 16th century.
In 1597, at the request of the municipality, the Jesuits took charge of the municipal college, which they managed brilliantly until their expulsion in 1765.
After the departure of the Jesuits, the college became Collège Saint Louis, and for a short time it ceased to function and housed a National Workshop and then an arms factory. Teaching resumed in 1796 and the institution, successively called the Central School, the Imperial High School and the Royal College, continued its educational mission.

Prices: €8 – €6 for students, under 18s, members of the Tourist Office (on presentation of a card), disabled people. Free for under 12s and jobseekers.

Du collège de Jesuites au collège Victor Hugo
8 rue du Lycée
25000 BESANCON
03.81.80.92.55
contact@besancon-tourisme.com
See website
Réserver

Partager

Hours

Opening periods and special opening conditions / Covid-19

5pm: Wednesdays 1 February, 8 March, 5 April,

Location

In the town centre