Built in 1739 for Joseph Lebas de Clévans, Councillor at the Franche Comté Parliament, this town house was designed by Jean Querret, architect and engineer with the Ponts-et-Chaussées department. The architecture of this town house is reminiscent of the work of architect Jean Courtonne on the Hôtel Matignon around 1722. It came into the possession of the Germigney family and was leased to the army in 1818, which used it as its headquarters. Owned by the state since 1854, the Hôtel de Clévans is the residence of the general in command of Besançon. It has played host to political and military figures at various times, including the Duc d'Aumale, Baron Marulaz and General de Lattre de Tassigny. From 1943 to 1944, the building was the headquarters of the Gestapo.
Admission: €8 - €6 Students, under-18s, associations belonging to the Tourist Office and Convention Bureau. Free for the disabled, jobseekers and children under 12.